Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Postcards

A recent post from Annie (Annie's Musings) reminds us that postcards are celebrating their 150th anniversary on Oct. 1.   You can click on the above link above to see the postcards Annie has sent to celebrate 150 years of postcards.  (one of my favorite postcards is one of Annie's fabric postcards!)

Show Postcards Some Love  is the site about the anniversary celebration.


Postcards are fun and quick, just a note to tell someone they are on your mind.

Incoming

My friend Carla loves Klimt and sent me two Klimt postcards. :)



  
Outgoing

I especially love including a pun (from my ever lengthening collection) for Max. :)

to Mila

to Teresa & Ricky 

 to Carla


I find this charming--certainly thinking outside the box!  
Definitely alphabetical order :)




8 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha...that last piece is so funny!
    Cheers to postcards!
    Those Klimt postcards are awesome! Great designs.
    Your postcards are fun and always make me smile. The colorful images really pop on those black backgrounds.
    And now I’m back to alphabetical order...that is such kick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that alphabetical order! It makes me laugh even thinking about it, and I hope that kid makes the best use of atypical, divergent thinking forever. :)

      Delete
  2. It's always fun to see what's in your mailbox. All of you letter writers are so very clever. I can appreciate the cards having to do with hot summer weather since we are having a September heat wave! I went over to Annie's place and enjoyed her work too. I do love her cloth card, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Annie's mail is always delightful, and I treasure my fabric postcard. We are expecting 103 degrees here this week--that's not the beginning of September I was hoping for! They say that air conditioning is contributing to the heating of the planet, but what to do? A vicious cycle.

      Delete
  3. I do like that last one - definitely an unexpected interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me smile! Unexpected and yet certainly proof the kid knows alphabetical order. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, that's so awesome! I love postcards. Ok, this is going to be my prompt to get busy and send out some mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any excuse for me! :) I love postcards!

      Delete

Good to hear from you!