Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Labor Day Done and Greeting September

We had a wonderful long Labor Day Weekend with Erin and her crew down in the country.  It was (unbelievably) about ten degrees cooler than the previous weekend, and  we actually got some rain!  Katie brought baby Mack and Hallie Greer for a visit on Saturday and Teresa and Matthew came down for a while on Sunday night.  Lots of catching up.  :)


It takes me some time to readjust when anything breaks up my established routine, but I'm getting back into the swing of things now.  I worked on Scaredy Cat and put her together.


Scaredy Cat in progress

A few details added, and she's done.
Even though it is early, she wants her time in the spotlight.



A couple of Autumn dolls decided to make their annual appearances on the mantel.



Books/Reading

My favorite recent read was an ARC: The Paragon Hotel by Lyndsay Faye.  Her writing held me in awe, and the plot and the characters were exceptional.  Lyndsay Faye's  Jane Steele, a strange and fascinating retelling of Jane Eyre , was very good, but The Paragon Hotel will be on my favorite list for the year.  My review of Jane Steele--I won't be posting the review T P H until closer to publication.

Other recent books that I've enjoyed:  Sharon Bolton's The Craftsman and Wildfire by Ann Cleeves.  I've reviewed both on my book blog.

Mail

I've been neglecting my mail and need to get busy answering some letters.

Hope your Labor Day was full of family, friends, food, and fun!

10 comments:

  1. This post sure brings smiles with your cute, cute, cute Scaredy Cat and your other Fall dolls. The cat sure did turn out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Time to put away the summer stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. Scaredy Cat is an absolute delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I didn't think I was going to like her until I found those google eyes. :)

      Delete
  3. So glad your dolls are slowly making their Fall debut. OMGosh, the crow on your kittie's shoulder is too perfect!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I found that glittery crow in my stash, I knew that was the final touch. Scaredy Cat was a fun project. :)

      Delete
  4. I love seeing the dolls making their appearances. And, Scaredy Cat certainly deserves time in the spotlight. I love her, especially the whiskers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even her whiskers look frightened, don't they? Thanks, Chip!

      Delete
  5. Scaredy Cat looks looks like he's seen a ghost. Love fall and the advent of your Halloween decorations!! Love the tags, too. We had a good weekend with Carla. She talked about how much Melissa loved having you for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Melissa was such a joy! She had fun with almost everything she did, and she loved to read. Of course, she got plenty of recommendations from Carla! :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!