Thursday, January 03, 2019

2019

I'm not at all sure why I let things go so badly in the last 6 weeks or more of 2018, but for some reason, I fell badly behind in so many areas.  I wasn't ill, depressed, or busier than usual, except for the normal Christmas stuff.  I had Christmas drafts that I never posted, let my mail pile up without answering, became frustrated and less interested in the little mice I was making, sent only three Christmas postcards....  

I've decided it had something to do with my thyroid meds; for the last year it has been difficult to find the right dosage.  I have gotten a new higher mg dosage and am hoping for more interest and energy!

The 3 Christmas postcards went to the grands.

This went to B.E. (both a Christmas & birthday postcard).
The picture is of her christening twelve years ago.

The next two went to Mila and Max.

  

And that was it for my Christmas mail!   Which is a sad comment since I received so many Christmas cards and snail mail during December.

The mice are still in a basket with multiple arms and legs and almost no progress.  I simply lost interest in them.  

In the last several days, I've been answering letters, and I'm busy trying to get more answered. 







It's raining again today, which is a good excuse to get upstairs and answer more mail.  :)

Happy New Year!  My main goal is to get caught up with everything I've been neglecting.  And of course, the some old goals of eating better, exercising more, etc., etc.  

How many resolutions and/or goals did you make for 2019?  

12 comments:

  1. This mail art is spectacular! I love it all. I'm glad you are feeling better, and up to making things-hopefully those mice will get their arms! We've had so much rain here this past summer and fall that I have mosquitoes IN the house! Yuk. The ground has been soggy for months and months-with hardly any sunny days. I feel like a mole or some critter who lives in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I found a mosquito in the house, too! In winter! What a mess constant rain makes, I hope we survive the deluges that keep the ground soggy and can bring our mole like selves out of the dark soon. New Year's Day started with some sun, then got dreary, then the rains came again during the night.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Jenny! I love what you did with that airmail envelope! All good here as well, altho I, too, have been dragging my feet on answering snailmail. Think I'll be slowing down in this regard this year...which means, not feeling compelled to answer everyone right away, which is how I've done things this last seven years. About all I really want to do right now is knit, read, and tinker with my stamp collection. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Connie :) I'm reading the newest Lescroart novel now (The Rule of Law), but it is making me tense because it is too close to some of the current news events right now. Still, I'm always glad to be back with some of my favorite characters. :) You can add it to your library list (due out Jan. 22) since I think you said you are caught up with the series now.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!
    Prayers yoy feel better.
    I believe you are right about thyroid meds. I notice when I stopped taking them, blahs were more frequent. Back on, mood improves, not dance in the street mood, but better than blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get off my thyroid meds, but my tsh levels have been all over the place for about a year now and it has been a struggle to get the mg right. The "blahs" is a great description--that kind of apathetic mood, not bad, not good.

      Delete
  4. You’re catching up on mail in a big way now. There will be a lot of happy mail boxes. Your envelopes and postcards are always fun to look at. I’ll bet Brice Eleanor got a kick out of her postcard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get caught up with mail! If only mail were the only thing I need to catch up on! A new year, a new effort. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you are feeling better and brighter now, and that the mice come together nicely for you. Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2019 to you, Rachel! Hopefully this year will be a kind and creative one. :)

      Delete
  6. I don't know where my time goes and I didn't get around to sending out any Christmas cards. I used to be so good about that. All I know is that I'm really going to try and make plans for creative pursuits this year. Like blocking off time on my calendar and doing something. I hope now that the holidays are over you are feeling excited about the year and creating again. I'm sure the kiddos loved receiving their mail so that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so love the Christmas cards I received and hope to better on Christmas mail next year. Good idea to block off calendar days to remind you to use them creatively! Kind of taking a home retreat that you gift to yourself for enjoying the creative activities you love.

      Delete

Good to hear from you!