Monday, August 31, 2020

The Eve of September

It is difficult to believe that the Summer of 2020 is 
edging into the Fall of 2020 and we have been in such a state of
uncertainty since the Spring of 2020.
I can imagine that we will be referring to 2020 in these terms
for years to come.

Time for the morning cup of coffee.
 

--  Fee brought Belle, his office cat home for a visit during Laura; she is still here because the power is still off at his office.  Bell is a tabby like Edgrr, but her face is sweeter, more feminine, and her fur is soooo soft.  At a distance, you see the similarities, up close the differences are more apparent.  She's a girly girl and Edgrr is macho fella.  


--I'm still celebrating Women's Suffrage.  A  toast to those women who endured all of the terrible opposition and gained the vote for women!   

--I found this amusing:  Lizards will hold anything you give them.  This example suits the desire for coffee or tea first thing in the morning.

Reading:  I went through the first four books in Dana Stabenow's  Kate Shugak series this summer and enjoyed every one of them.  

Mail:  Not much last week, in or out.  




But my new stamps arrived :)





16 comments:

  1. I did not know that about lizards and I can’t tell how much that pic made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either, but evidently lizards are "handy" creatures!

      Delete
  2. The lizard is hilarious!!!!
    Your kitties are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Belle has now returned to the office and only our two felines remain. They never fought, but there was definitely some hissing!

      Delete
  3. The cat cartoon is hilarious. The suffrage stamps are beautiful, good design. It boggles the mind that women had to put us such a fight to get the right to vote. 1920 is not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both new issues-the serious suffrage stamps are timely and Bugs is colorful and fun. In both the US and in England, many suffragettes were not only imprisoned, but force fed to end their hunger strikes. Horrible.

      Delete
  4. I love those new stamps! I already have so many and don't really need to buy more, but I may just have to get some of these anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--I actually have plenty of stamps, but I pre-ordered these because I have a hard time resisting postage I like!

      Delete
  5. Clang! We both did posts on the new stamps. I'll have to order the Suffrager stamps as they weren't available yet. Belle is quite beautiful and the lizard with the tiny cup just cracked me up. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) These tiny pieces of postage art are funny and thoughtful and beautiful. I get excited when new issues come out.

      Belle is a princess and my husband spoils her; she was ready to get back to her personal fiefdom. :) None of the three like competition!

      Delete
  6. We live with about a million lizards. I'm going to ask my grandson to see if a lizard will grasp something in one of the "paws"? What would a lizard's feet be called. Maybe just plain old "feet".
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are in the wild now, aren't you Carol? Pigs, goats, chickens, and lizards! Glad you are settling in your new home.

      Delete
  7. That picture of the lizard is awesome! And, Belle is so soft looking - how pretty. Unfortunately I'm really allergic to cats. I need to stock up on some stamps and those are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other pics of the lizards holding things are funny, too! The one with the sword is a real swash-buckler. :) Belle is pretty and soft and...I'm glad she is back at the office--she is a worse shedder than our two and the Roomba struggled to keep up!

      Delete
  8. Im' glad Laura didn't cause too much damage in Shreveport as we wait to see where Hurricane 28 is going, it seems Central America may take the hit. What a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And each time, I think there is an end to the season, another one comes around!

      Delete

Good to hear from you!