Thursday, August 06, 2020

Snail Mail

I've ordered some Save the Post Office Cinderella stamps from The Perforated Post!  Aren't they cool!  Perforated and gummed like real stamps.  :) Can't wait for them to arrive.  

I love both versions,
and I will, of course, continue to buy real stamps
and to send letters and postcards--

adding the faux postage from The Perforated Post.




Incoming Mail

What a delightful postcard from Zoe!
Made my day!

 delightful


and from Carol

Outgoing Mail
postcards to the grands

to Bryce Eleanor
 to Mila
More play with water colors and cartoon-y characters.

to Max
I was looking at images of art deco/art nouveau stained glass
and drew some less than perfect lines, then added some stamps.  
I think I'll try this again.



My friend Penne shared this: Put a Woman In Charge; Keb' Mo" with Roseanne Cash

Dedicated to his mother. "My mother just recently passed at the age of 91. She was smart. She was strong. She was a leader. This video is dedicated to her and amazing women everywhere that are getting the job done." -Keb' Mo'




16 comments:

  1. Those are pretty stamps. I especially like the top one. And a wonderful song. I bought some blank postcards - just waiting for them to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about the Perforated Post faux postage. :) Jeff has some other cool things in his Etsy shop. Yay on blank postcards, Shasta!

      Delete
  2. I have been a letter writer for many years. The younger generation doesn't realize how sweet it is to receive a letter in the mail. It would be fun to have a post card club, like the old pen pals. I have collected post cards for years, many from all over the US and some from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much fun in having a tangible connection via a letter or postcard, isn't there? Postcrossing is similar to a post card club and worldwide. I don't belong, but enjoy seeing cards on different blogs. You'd probably like that, Joyce. A good way to collect postcards from all over. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness thank you for the link to the Perforated Post - I see some shopping in my future! And, love your mail art in particular the one with the art deco look. So fun to see all the cards you send out and what you get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to visit and choose from a wide selection! I also ordered some return address labels from Perforated Post. Eager to have my Save the USPS stamps arrive, and I'll be shopping for more Cinderella stamps regularly. :)

      Delete
  4. Those are fun stamps. I can’t even imagine looking forward to an email the same way i look forward to paper mail (except for bills). I LOVE your Art Deco postcard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emails serve a purpose, but they simply cannot compare to the pleasure of anticipating paper mail, then the joy of finding something in the mailbox! Thanks, I was pleased with the Art Deco postcard and plan to do more. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the kitty with dinner inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommoncats.com has some gorgeous cats. Bryce Eleanor has always been a cat fanatic, so I knew she'd like this one. :)

      Delete
  6. LOVE getting mail. We need the USPS!
    Your mail is so fun to look at. My eyes needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From medications to magazines to checks to personal letters and packages. The USPS rocks!

      Delete
  7. and I love that kitty postcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Monmoncats.com are delightful, aren't they? I love all of them!

      Delete
  8. Loved the Keb'Mo video! We heard Keb'Mo and Taj Mahal in NOLA a few years ago. I'm so glad we went and took our New Orleans friends. Our friend died this year of lung cancer. She went quickly. I've listened to Rosanne Cash sing her dad's I Still Miss Someone several times lately. Makes me tear up every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just finding this comments! I love this Keb'Mo video, too!

      Delete

Good to hear from you!