Sunday, August 02, 2020

August!

Another month down.  What a year this has turned out to be.  Enough said.  

I saw this quote somewhere that perfectly describes my situation:  "Sometimes it takes all morning to get nothing done."  :)

I've been trying to get more reviews written for the book blog.  Patting myself on the back for progress.  Any progress.



Incoming Mail

I love Connie's envelope with the embossed 4 cent Pony Express stamp.
And the snail.  Of course, the snail.

Annie's envelope and card with Richard Scarry illustrations,
mail images, vintage stamps, and another snail!



Outgoing Mail

postcard to Erica de Massey


Saw this on FB 
#s 2, 5, and 12 are my favorites




1. So let me get this straight, there’s no cure for a virus that can be killed by sanitizer and hand soap?

2. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree yet? I have run out of things to do.
3. When this virus thing is over with, I still want some of you to stay away from me.
4. If these last months have taught us anything, it’s that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet, particularly among politicians and bureaucrats.
5. Just wait a second – so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You’re kidding, right?
6. People are scared of getting fined or arrested for congregating in crowds, as if catching a deadly disease and dying a horrible death wasn’t enough of a deterrent.
7. If you believe all this will end and we will get back to normal just because we reopen everything, raise your hand. Now slap yourself with it.
8. Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.
9. Whoever decided a liquor store is more essential than a hair salon is obviously a bald-headed alcoholic.
10. Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.
11. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two factors: 1. How dense the population is and 2. How dense the population is.
12. Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
13. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it’s going to take a whole vineyard to home school one.
14. Did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.
Share this. Copy and paste.I


13 comments:

  1. LOL!
    Thank you Jenclaire for the much needed laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...that list is too funny! I love Connie’s return address stamp! Another fun collage envelope. How fun the brightly colored spider dance mail art is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Connie's return address stamp, too!

      Delete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need to have a little something to perk us up. In the midst of all the bad news, some people have a way to take the situation and make us laugh. :) I don't know who originated this one, but it hits home, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. You are welcome! It made me laugh to recognize some of the items on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Richard Scarry card is so sweet! Love the list. Thanks for the laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When our girls were little, I loved Richard Scarry as much as they did! Annie always sends such fun mail. :)

      Delete
  6. Loved this post-that list is hilarious! Your mail is so good to look at-my eyes needed it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list makes me smile each time I look at it--funny and accurate! My mailbox was happy last week. :)

      Delete
  7. Haha.. I love this list. I will definitely have to share this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The other day, I couldn't decide if it was Saturday or Sunday, and I thought about the one that mentions the days of the week underwear!

      Delete

Good to hear from you!