Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Little Taste of Cornwall


The coastline of Cornwall provided inspiration for Val and this is "Rock Pools #9" - a delightful pair of fish. "By Pol, Tre, and Pen shall ye know all Cornish men" is a phrase I discovered years and years ago from some novel, and I love seeing the prefixes in both surnames and place names. Val lives on Polmennor Road in Cornwall.

According to wikipedia, "Tre means a settlement or homestead; Pol, a pond, lake or well; and Pen, a hill or headland."

I received this card just before I moved everything out of my studio - Debra's influence: "... I looked around my current space, which I refer to as My Studio. It is not the spare bedroom. I repeat. It is My Studio" - and recovered it today so I can post it. Sorry Val, for delaying, but the card is wonderful and so are all the associations of Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!