Thursday, March 14, 2024

I've been AWOL for...a long time

Last year for Mother's Day, Fee and I went to Amelia's for lunch.  Just after walking in the door, Erin appeared!  She'd flown in from Colorado to surprise me, and I was so stunned for a moment I couldn't even make sense of it.  Best surprise ever!

We had a wonderful lunch and admired all of Amelia's artistic decorations, including the weird and bizarre, because she does it all--from cool to creepy.   The creepy all goes in the spare bedroom.


We talked about Erin's projects, and she showed us pics of her recent carpentry additions to her home.  Give Erin the tools and she can build it. I can't find the other pics right now.

Fee went home that afternoon, but I stayed and spent the night with my girls.  It was lovely, and when the weekend was over, and Erin was on the plane back to Colorado, I came home inspired, and it has lasted, off and on for a nearly a year now!

That May and early summer, I started making Eccentrics again.  As usual, there are cycles of 2 or 3 months, then stalls, then another cycle and another stall.

I love using found objects and things from the yard.


And making heads that later may or may not end up with bodies and just playing with ideas.  It gets really messy.


 I continue reading, of course, but I don't know if I'll go back to my book blog.  For right now, I'm going to see if I can keep up with this one.
 

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see your post! Looks like you had a great surprise visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it got me started playing again!

      Delete
  2. Lovely to hear from you again! Messy but fun, by the looks of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy to see you posting again! I'll keep an eye out for anything new on your book blog, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Les! Although I continue to read, I don't know that I'll get back to the book blog. Reading everyday is an established part of my life. My best friend made me extremely jealous yesterday because she got to see Amor Towles in New Orleans--my envy tolerance exploded. :)

      Delete
    2. I would be seriously jealous, too! I'm looking forward to reading his new collection of short stories. Reading every day is a part of my life, as well. I can't imagine a day without at least a few chapters read.

      Delete

Good to hear from you!