Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Over the 4th of July long weekend, we had a chance to see our Colorado grandchildren. The kids were in Baton Rouge visiting with their father, and Erin flew in from Denver.  So another road trip to New Orleans.   Together with both daughters and all three grands for the first time in a year and a half!  Since Erin and the kids moved to Colorado, it feels like forever since we've seen them.   

We got back home yesterday, and I'm exhausted.  Usually, the first thing I do is wash clothes, but I was too tired yesterday afternoon when we got back, so that is on today's agenda.  And trying to catch up on everything else!

-----

 I love this article:

  "On my old typewriter, I clacked out a letter to Dolly Parton.

I figured she would be the appropriate person for my first letter because she is the appropriate person for everything. Dolly Parton is the de facto first lady of Tennessee, so she deserved to receive the first letter in Tennessee of Project 88. "

 Keith Sharon at The Tennessean typed a letter to Dolly Parton for gardening tips, Taylor Swift about her favorite movie food.  He sent a letter every day in June--to a Nashville council member, singing stars, chefs, a rabbi, an imam, an author--with the hope of a response.  I'm hoping he will get a response, too.  At least one, but hopefully more.

--- 

 





12 comments:

  1. What great pictures - sounds like a fun visit and so happy you shared some pictures. Hope you can catch some rest this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! It was good to see Erin and the kids again after so long! All of the kids are now vaccinated, and I'm relieved about that. I perked up yesterday, put on an audiobook and got all my chores done. :)

      Delete
  2. Great photo! I'll bet it was so wonderful to see everyone after so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was good to see them! Since Erin, Max, and Mila moved to CO and the pandemic lockdowns, the kids have changed so much. A year and a half can make such a difference in young people. :)

      Delete
  3. What a treat for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a treat! So nice to have all of them together for a few days!

      Delete
  4. What a great looking group in that photo. Glad you got to see the family! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! It was so good to see them!

      Delete
  5. The Tennessean helps me keep up with our statewide goings-on. In Memphis we often say, "I'm not from Tennessee. I'm a Memphian" since so much statewide legislative effort seems targeted at keeping us from doing what we've decided is best for us *sigh*

    It's great to be able to see family again. That photo is delightful! Looks like fun was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) One of my favorite songs is Jesse Winchester's "Talk Memphis"--and I've now learned a new term for a person who lives in Tennessee, but is a Memphina!

      Delete
  6. What a cute picture of you guys and so glad you were able to enjoy time together. I was starting to feel so hopeful but now with cases rising again, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, things are beginning to look serious again. Disappointing, but at least we got to see the CO crew.

      Delete

Good to hear from you!