Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Last Week's Mail

 Last weeks mail

Birthday card to Bryce Eleanor--13 years old!











postcard to Mila

postcard to Max

Ok, that was last week's mail.  Bryce Eleanor's birthday was on Friday, Dec. 11.  My mail to Shreveport, which is right across the river, usually arrives the next day.  But just in case, I mailed B.E.'s letter on  Dec. 9.  It contained a gift card.  It never arrived.  I suspect someone has a gift card they don't deserve, and I have waited long enough hoping that the Christmas mail backlog would eventually spit the letter and gift card out at its destination.  


I understand and sympathize with those who are in dire financial straits, and I hope  that whoever ended up with B.E.'s gift card mean to use it to feed their children.  I'm disappointed that our birthday present ended up being a disappointment for B.E., but that will be repaired.  Better late than never?  

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear....I hope the card will get to her eventually...
    Love your postcards! One of these days I must do some envelope art. I have some very old ones I've been saving. I made a little book out of them by binding them together-now I just need to do some art on them. Your posts always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I've enjoyed playing with these old envelopes, even if my "art" is questionable! Yours will be so much better, my friend. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea to design your greeting on the recycled mail envelopes! I love that.
    How sad such an important piece of mail to Bryce is the piece that has gotten lost or mis-delivered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered how I would use these old envelopes, but I've found ways to play with them. :) I just got a text from Bryce Eleanor that finally, over a week after being mailed, she finally got her card! What usually takes one day, took seven days--but it arrived. Tells you how overwhelmed the P.O. is this year. Bless their hearts for doing all they can in this strange year.

      Delete
  3. The mail all over the world has been overwhelmed this year. But I bet your beautifully decorated envelopes cheer the postal workers' days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, postal services have been working hard to get through this unusual Christmas rush. :) I do hope my envelopes cheer up mail carriers and recipients.

      Delete
  4. Oh I just read in your comments that she did get her card finally - yay! All of your postcards and letters are so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief for that birthday card and gift to finally get there! :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!