Sunday, July 19, 2020

Positive Things

These Articles Make Me Happy 

I'm interested in the environment and look for good news about how we affect the earth, like this article about rewilding in East Anglia.  “We want to focus on a little nature everywhere rather than a lot of nature in one area.” 

And a Wildflower Corridor for pollinators.  

The first two are in the UK, but Texas (and probably other states) has an interest in encouraging wildflowers and pollinators as well:  Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.  You can also join the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge

Some great inspirational quotes about trees.  Here are just a few:
"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." 
― Warren Buffett
"Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky."
― Kahlil Gebran
"You know me, I think there ought to be a big old tree right there. And let's give him a friend. Everybody needs a friend."
― Bob Ross 
The Garden Makes Me Happy

Honeybells cuphea and begonias

 Milkweed

 sunflowers from seeds knocked out of feeder


Letters Makes Me Happy

Incoming Mail

I love the way the flower on the envelope echoes the above wildflower theme,
the stamps echo the cheerful yellows and orange of the flower, and the
way Wonder Woman charges into the fray.
Even more, I love the long letter from one of my oldest friends.

and how about this cheerful envelope from Julie Tiu
with the hashtags #yourbeautiful letter, #Naomi Bulger, and #mailart (on back)

Outgoing Mail

This made me laugh!

12 comments:

  1. Love the Quote!
    Now that a sunflower has bloomed from the bird seed, I wish I planted a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunflowers are so cheerful, and I love that some of the bird seed produced a batch of sunflowers for me and the bees. :)

      Delete
  2. There is a good deal to be happy about. It just doesn't shout as loudly as the other sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, sometimes we need to focus on bringing those quiet things to the forefront. It is easy to feel overwhelmed with the word's problems, and finding positive things to counteract the negative helps.

      Delete
  3. That milkweed is so pretty. Great quotes, too. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the milkweed flowers. :) This variety has unattractive, tall and gawky plants, but bright, cheerful flowers that have such an important role in the Monarch population. Mine are asclepias tuberosa, both the Red and the Silky Yellow plants. One comes back from the original plant, but I also have plenty of volunteers from seed which I let scatter each fall.

      Delete
  4. Love Warren Buffet's quote one smart guy And on another note, do you have of the old envelopes left from your April 27th post? nothing like waiting months to ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that quote, too. :) And yes, email me your address, and I will send you some of envelopes!

      Delete
  5. ..do you have any of...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha...LOVE the Shameem Patel! Too funny. I nice tour around your garden. Great mail coming and going from your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is the delayed reaction of waiting for that punchline! Hope all is well with you, Annie!

      Delete
  7. Yay love to see the mention of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. That is near my home and we love to go visit. Granted it's been a while now thanks to the pandemic. That's what got me started on a love for native plants and wildflowers. And, thanks to what we've learned there we've planted our garden with native plants. your garden is looking wonderful! And, of course love the peek at the mail you've received!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!