Monday, May 18, 2020

May Is Flying By

 Sunday morning, a nice spring rain, not too hard.  



Books/Reading.  Finished the latest Michael Robotham book last night, and I like his new protagonist, forensic psychologist Cyrus Haven.  When I realized it was the second book in the series, I ordered the first book.  (I'd rather read books in order--but it doesn't always work that way.) 

Still reading Sanjay Gupta's Stay Sharp. I only read it in small increments, giving it time and attention. An excellent book for my brain book collection--informative, readable and positive.

 Birds. Flocks of doves have been chasing away the smaller birds, frustrating me.  My husband thinks it is amusing that I'll sit outside, waiting for the doves, then jump up and frighten them away, but the cardinals like it and come back quickly after the doves leaves. I googled the dove problem and discovered that many others have an ongoing battle with bully birds like doves and had several suggestions. Hoping to stymie the bullies, I've  ordered a new feeder and some No Waste feed that doves don't care for.  Fee said he thought he could rig something for the two flat feeders that might help as well. 


Outgoing Mail over the last couple of weeks.
There were a couple of postcards I forgot to scan. :(



postcard to a little "Mouse"

The sun came out and dried up all the rain in the afternoon.

Monday-- Caught up on the chores I didn't do yesterday, including mopping the floors.  I've worked on drafts of book reviews for my book blog, done some laundry, and read.

Hope this week goes well for you. :)




11 comments:

  1. Your garden looks gorgeous! After our rain the weeds will be wanting to show off like crazy. Love your mail as always. Mail is the most exciting part of most days at home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! And the rain and warm weather make the weeds very happy. Me--cursing at how fast the grow. :O

      Delete
  2. My mother refers to the pigeons and doves as Bigfoot, because they stomp around on the roof, and tread anything fallen from the feeder into the earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The new feed seems to frustrate the doves. They eye it with distaste, then eat it anyway. I practice jumping up and scaring them off. My husband shakes his head. They do have big feet and obnoxious habits, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Love the glimpse into your garden. It's lovely and serene. Mostly I see Blue Jays and Cardinals in my teacup garden. They drink water and splash about in their teacup baths. We used to have Doves in the winter but they've disappeared. I see robins in the front yard and on the wires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any Blue Jays! That would be a nice pop of color. We have finches, thrushes, sparrows, cardinals, and DOVES. I'm smiling at the image of the birds taking their splashy teacup baths!

      Delete
  4. Love how green your garden looks. I didn't know that doves were a bit of bullies. As always, so enjoy seeing your mail art. Right now I'm working on a collage swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lot of rain this year--can only hope it will last through the summer months. It is frustrating with the doves get so aggressive and keep the smaller birds away, but I'm working on foiling them with the new feeders. Be sure and post some of your collage swaps (in and out) on your blog, Iliana!

      Delete
  5. Your mail art is wonderful!!! Your garden too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I enjoy the garden every day, rain or shine. Instead of an art journal, I send mail. :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen doves in the gardens this year but they are around. I see them on the neighbor's roof. We have a large family of Mississippi kites that fly over our area all the time. They like sitting in a tall pine in the yard next door, but the other birds go crazy. There's so much ruckus that we usually go outside to see the drama. This morning I saw a pair in a dead tree on the street behind us. Sometimes I look out to the street and see their shadows going round and round on the road.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!