Monday, August 19, 2019

Monday, Monday

Embroidery
After adding more embroidery to the edges of the piece in previous post, 
I added a lining, turned it, then stitched the sides by hand.  
Front fastened with ribbons
I'm not sure what the envelope will end up holding,
but the texture is a pleasure for the fingertips.

 the back with some of my favorite parts.
This will go out in the mail soon.
Now, I need another embroidery project for meditative purpose.

Incoming Mail

from Teresa & Ricky

from Connie

from Melody

I like the stamp and the Bicentennial pictorial cancellation :)


Books/Reading
I may be getting that Halloween vibe, because I've just finished reading the first 3 books in the Scarlett Bernard series by Melissa F. Olson about witches, vampires, and werewolves, oh my!  Time to get out some orange and black crafty stuff.







13 comments:

  1. Of course you would stitch an envelope, but surely not one for the outgoing mail. It is such a beautiful piece. I recognize many stitches. My work with Karen is still fresh on my mind, so I am good right now with French knots and Web stitch. I don't do witches, vampires, and werewolves ~ just pretty spiders! :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to do with some of the pieces I work on, and I have no idea what she will use it for, but I liked the way it turned out. :) I have favorite stitches, too--including the simple running stitch! I'm all for pretty spiders, especially those orb weavers, and I hope yours has simply moved to a new location.

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery is beautiful. Making it into a simple envelope is elegant. So nicely done. Wonderful mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! I'm loving your return to fabric postcards!

      Delete
  3. What a beautifully textural piece. It will hold treasures, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get past that gorgeous stitchery! It's just beautiful, personal, artistic. I thought you'd decided to make it into a little purse, but what was I thinking?! Of course, it's an envelope. I hope the receiver appreciates the work and talent that you've put into it.
    Really, I'm gushing down here in this stormy heat. I saw that Natchitoches hit 101--I don't even want to know the heat index. Here's hoping that the electricity and A/Cs continue to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little purse or pouch or whatever, about 6"x7"--maybe to hold some jewelry. Thanks for your sweet comments.

      True--it would be disastrous to lose AC in this heat. All of our electric companies must be working harder than ever.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful hand stitching! Your work is always so individual and personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! Hope you are keeping cool in Houston!

      Delete
  6. Ooh that envelope turned out so pretty! I'm with you, I'm ready for fall. I haven't started any spooky type books but the other day I was looking at some pretty Dracula and Frankenstein editions. Hope you're getting some cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iliana! I will read spooky/supernatural/paranormal any time at all, but they put me in mind of Halloween. :)

      Delete
  7. Your envelope is just lovely Jen! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!