Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Spring

The Japanese Maple in the back; leaves catching the late afternoon sun.


I bought 3 Kangaroo Paws which I like because they are so unusual.
 And columbines


I can't plant them yet because we are going to have some too-tall birch trees taken down first.   Every time the tree guys are scheduled, it rains...so things are moving slowly.  It is frustrating, but there is plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime.  

The problem is that right now that in this time of wonderful temperatures, there is also so much pollen.  I weed for a while, do several outdoor chores, clean the patio is short segments because of sneezing and itchy eyes.  My eyelids swell, and I get sleepy.  Allergies become a bigger problem each year.  Yesterday, I came in and tried to read, but ended up taking a nap!

This morning it is raining.  Washing some of that pollen away!

Mail

postcard to Mila



 to Max


Books/Reading

Two ARCs from NetGalley that I've enjoyed recently and need to review on my book blog.

Mushrooms/Embroidery



8 comments:

  1. The rain does at least wash the pollen away, as you say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it is still raining, cleaning the air, the leaves, the sidewalks of yellow pollen. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your allergic eyes! Try Similasan Allergy Eye Relief...it's herbal, no preservatives in it, and WORKS! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking for Similasan! The rain helped, but I know it is temporary. Thanks, Connie!

      Delete
  3. So much goodness here! The light on that tree is magnificent! The Paws is interesting and I surely love your postcards and mushrooms. Enjoy Spring as best you can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! It is a beautiful time of year, and I love seeing everything blooming and brightening the landscape. The earth is bursting with energy--and pollen. :)

      Delete
  4. Glorious! The kangaroo paws are so unusual. Never seen them. Happy Spring! 🍄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are unusual, aren't they? I didn't like them at first glance, but they continued to grow on me, so I put them in the cart and like them better each day. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!