Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween Progress

Finished Dandy, the baby crow, last night.





I had a nice weekend visit from Bryce Eleanor -- 
which kept me quite busy! 
In addition to the usual activities,
 Fee bought a Halloween Haunted House 
for B.E. and I to put together. 
 What a project that turned out to be
 as there were no instructions. 
 It took us an hour or more to put it together, 
and as often as not, B.E. knew what went where.

  Even after it was finished, 
she must have spent another hour re-decorating, 
moving spiders and spider webs, 
bats and pumpkins, and silvery strips.  
Even more fun later putting Squinkies inside and out.


Notice the "boo" in upside down position.
Last year's fabric flowers--finally found them.  
They weren't with the rest of the Halloween stuff.  
Typical lost and found.

I've got a few other projects in the works,
including fabric bats and crow for a wreath.
At least, the bats are for the wreath,
don't think the crow will work there after all.
Will have to figure out another place for him.

I have enough bats done for the moment,
and the crow is painted and sealed,
so hope to have all of it finished today.

I'm still enjoying Arang and the Magistrate
and the ghosts and evil hag make
great watching while working on Halloween projects.

10 comments:

  1. Jenclair, I love that flower basket. So glad you found it! Usually when I hide things from myself, I wait till about a month AFTER I need it to find it!

    I imagine that you and BE had loads of fun with that little ghost house. It's so cute. I can see why she played and rearranged for a while. I want to do that, too!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric flower bouquet! And this baby crow looks a bit scary.
    We don't really celebrate Halloween here, so it's always a lot of fun to see what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - It was fun using the scraps of Halloween fabric making the flowers last year. :)

    BE had a great time playing with the haunted house. The kit came from Michael's, Mary, and is probably half price now.

    Francoise - Thanks, Francoise! I'm making a Halloween cat right now, but I don't think he will be scary at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenclair, looks like you have the Halloween spirit in your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri - I got started late in making things for Halloween this year, but I'm having fun, now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Dandy. What is he made of? Fimo? I love those kinds of Halloween decorations. My daughter would love that haunted house. Where did Fee get it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Stephie! Dandy is another paper clay figure. The house is one of several from Michael's, and they are half price now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Halloween decor looks great! Love the baby crow~ I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly amazing. Best Halloween stuff I have seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy- Thanks! And thanks for a great party,

    Yarns Days- What a sweet comment, Thank you,

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!