Thursday, February 10, 2022

Catching Up

 What a week.  My husband has had a stomach flu, and between caring for him and worrying, my normally relaxed schedule has been chaotic.  He's finally doing better, but he was as sick as I've ever seen him and had to have an IV because of dehydration.  Whew!  At least it wasn't Covid.

I did decide to participate in InCoWriMo this year, but I'm now behind and I sent at least one postcard out without a stamp.  I was waiting for my new postcard stamps to arrive, but guess I, uh, forgot that they had not yet arrived!

To Bryce Eleanor 

To Jolisa


Love our mail carrier!


To Melissa
To Susan
To Omega

Whew!  I still have letters to respond to, but now I'll have more time to get them done.  

Books/Reading:  

Dust Bowl Girls-nonfiction about a girls' basketball team in 1930's.  Very good.

Mr. Mercedes - audiobook by Stephen King.  Creepy and suspenseful!

A Divided Loyalty--an Ian Rutledge novel by Charles Todd.  Love this series.

At Home on an Unruly Planet--nonfiction.  Excellent!


12 comments:

  1. What fun postcards! I'll bet your mailman appreciated his. Glad your husband is on the mend; that must have been scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have a really good mailman, and I hope he knows how much we appreciate him. :) Yes, my husband is finally doing better, and the doctor now says it may have been salmonella since I didn't get it and didn't eat what he had on Saturday. It was scary, but things are looking up.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Your poor husband! He must have really felt awful. My first guess was Covid or food poisoning. Glad he's feeling better and I hope you don't come down with it, as well.

    I'm looking forward to reading Mr. Mercedes, but probably not for a little while since I recently finished two books by King. Back to reading from my backlist shelves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a tough week, but finally things are looking better for the poor man!

      Mr. Mercedes has a sinister villain and some great good characters in Bill, Holly, and Jerome. I can understand your taking a break from Stephen King and getting back to your other books. :)

      Delete
  3. I always love seeing your creative mail that you send out. The characters you draw are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie. I have to get caught up on my InCoWriMo mail now that my husband is better. :)

      Delete
  4. Very glad your husband is feeling better! Not fun-for sure. Your mail art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra; he is doing well, now, and I'm so relieved!

      I love getting and sending mail, and February has two letter writing challenges that has other folks who don't usually write letters enjoying the process. :)

      Delete
  5. Good to know your husband is on the mend. What a horrible week for the pair of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. It was a long and worrisome week, but he is doing fine now!

      Delete
  6. Prayers for y'all's health
    Even a dusty sneeze is scary nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maewyn. Everything can be a bit scary is today's uncertain climate, can't it?

      Delete

Good to hear from you!