Sunday, February 18, 2018

A Few Links

I have drawn a lot of little mushrooms along with my cartoon figures lately.  I looked for mushrooms on Pinterest and found...the most amazing photographs.  Each one more beautiful than the last... 
via Pinterest

I had no idea that mushrooms could be so gorgeous, so mysterious, or of such variety.  All we have around here are the white kind that spring up after a warm rain. I've spent a lot of time going back to  Pinterest pages to marvel at these beauties.  More here.

I know I've mentioned James Preller before, but I love this author for his wonderful responses to fan mail from young readers.   This letter from a young blind fan and  Preller's response makes my all-time favorites list.

Illustrations in children's books are often more fascinating than the stories themselves.  I've found a new favorite illustrator:  Chris Dun.  :)

Hope you've had a great weekend!



6 comments:

  1. The sheer variety can be astonishing, can't it! Especially with mushrooms, which we tend not to see very much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bioluminescent ones are especially lovely! But the variety of shapes and colors is amazing. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved Chris Dun's work. Also the gorgeous mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love looking at illustrations for children's books--I often want to cut out pages and frame them. Chris Dun's little creatures fascinate me. And the mushrooms are gorgeous, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. I saw "Pinterest" and thought, Nope, I'm not going off on another journey in the Land of the Lost, lol. But I thankfully read on. Dun's illustrations are perfection and bring back memories of books I read when I was a child.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is addictive and time-consuming, and I frequently do get lost there! Dun's illustrations are so charming and make me remember the imaginative books of my childhood, too. What a wonderful talent and imagination he has. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!