Saturday, July 19, 2014

Strange Creatures, Eccentric Figures, and a Dystopian Novel

I decided to quit making heads for a while
and finish at least one doll.

So, I think I've finished Branwen.
She is a comical character with her little ghostly dolly.



I've done a little more work on the Spell Book,
or Book of Shadows,
or Grimoire.
Whatever I decide to call it.
But it doesn't look much different,
just a little aged.

When I decided to make this Halloween prop,
I didn't anticipate how much time it would take.
As it turns out, 
the more variations I see on Pinterest,
the more I want to include.
It will be a longer term project than I originally thought.

Originally, the plan was
just to have the outside of the book as a prop,
but now, I want pages and embellishments.

I've started carving out a niche in the pages,
and have plans for pockets, etc.
And spells, of course;
I need spells.
-------------

I've decided that I want to be a collector,
not just a maker, of strange little creatures.

My first purchase was last year from 
Indian Dollar Works.
Carla makes wonderful assemblage characters.
This is the charming little angel I ordered:
Assemblage Mixed Media Angel Cat
It wasn't intended to be a collection,
but last week I ordered a little witch 
from Treasuresnwhimsy.
She arrived yesterday,
and I love her.
Now, I think I can call myself
A Collector of Handmade Art Dolls!
----------------


I just finished The Girl with All the Gifts
by M.R. Carey.
Wow!
If you like dystopian fiction,
this one will more than satisfy youl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!