Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings



Good Monday to you!  My gosh, it is already May 21; where does the time go?  I've been trying to catch up on book reviews over at A Garden Carried in the Pocket and have several scheduled, trying to catch up with Karen's class, trying to catch up with blog reading,  just trying to catch up!

I need some potting soil, so today I'll be running various errands.  If I have to get out for one thing, then I may as well take care of several others.  And, uh, my library books are overdue.  (note to self:  make list of books so I won't just wander around for 3o minutes)

I also want to check for some larger waste canvas since I just can't see the very small blocks in size 14 well enough to do a decent job.  Of course, once I get to JoAnn's I will find other items that I "need."

The white work continues:
 I still have such a long way to go in filling the blank space in all of the blocks I'm working on.  A long way.  Very slow cloth.  Maybe I should work on just one section at a time so that I could at least have one block completed, rather than going back and forth between blocks.

So many things that I love in Sophie Blackall's home!  Sophie is an illustrator, and she does have a blog, although the pic comes from Design Sponge.
sophie5
via Design Sponge
 I want to make a quilt like hers--already trying to decide what poems and which lines to use.

Dylan Thomas, of course, offers a multitude of choices.  I could probably do one based on his work alone.  Or maybe I could use the poet/lyricist Paul Simon.  Now, to decide--mix and match or one poet, many lines?  Not that I'll be getting around to this anytime soon!

Do you have favorite poets, poems, lines, or quotes?

10 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying watching the beautiful stitches you are using to create the lovely fabric from Karen''s Class. You are doing a super job. Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenclair, I love that quilt with the poems on it!! I can't wait to see what your quilt will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that bedspread. Are you familiar with Joetta Maue's work -- here's her blog: http://littleyellowbirds.blogspot.com/
    Fantastic domestic-related embroidery. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt. My sister gave me an old table cloth that I plan to fill with words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching, Jenclair. Lucky you in Karen's class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy -Thanks! I'm really enjoying stitching on these blocks!

    Sherri - Isn't it a wonderful quilt? I love its simplicity and that it would always provide interest!

    Connie - No, I'm not familiar with Joetta Maue, but I will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up, Connie!

    Nancy - You could use your own words on the table cloth! That would add to its value!

    Suz - Thanks, Suz. It has been keeping me busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beauty. I love anything white on white. I like RWE's "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

    One more, "And in the end, the love you live is equal to the love you give." (Lennon/McCartney) Can't you just hear Ringo's drumbeat when you see those words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rian - I'm having trouble keeping it white on white! :)

    My daughter gave me a necklace a couple of years ago with Emerson's quote -- I love it. Of course, Lennon and McCartney is another excellent example. It would be interesting to go through lyrics from favorite songs and make a quilt with some that have special meaning!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!