Friday, December 07, 2007

Day 6, , quilt progress, & e-mail difficulties

Trimmed, squared up, and made the binding for the quilt. Whew! Now I know it will be finished. There may even be time for the embroidery, but I'm not sure I want to take the risk. A pillow would be a good way to use the poem I wanted to include and can be done later.

Today will be busy, but now that the baby quilt will be finished, maybe this weekend some of my other projects can get a little time. The "All shall be well" piece for the Winter Class with Tonya is just staring at me.

Yesterday's gift went back to the Winter Solstice feast foods -- fruits, berries, and nuts. Pistachios for Day 6.
A haiku and two quotes went with this one.


winter dusk
the rhythm of her knife
chopping fruit and nuts.

- Elizabeth St. Jacque


God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them.

Franz Kafka

The nut doesn't reveal the tree it contains.

- Proverb from ancient Egypt

This one had to go out through e-mail, too, as Fee is still out of town. I wait until he calls (to let me know whether or not he's finished), then if he isn't coming home, send the picture and the quotes. I'm going to have to make tags and wrap several more in advance so that when the baby comes, they will be ready and I won't have to worry.

Notifications about email comments are still not working, but I checked "Known Issues" and it said the problem was fixed. Mine isn't working, yet. Keep on it, Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!