Monday, October 11, 2021

Monday Morining

The tree and shrub trimming, weeding, and garden clean-up yesterday began at 7 AM and lasted, with frequent breaks, most of the day.  It was satisfying, but I was ready for that hot bath (with Epsom Salts) when I finally gave out.  Some daylilies are divided and moved, but more to go.  

Each year dividing daylilies is on my list, but for the last several years, it hasn't been checked off.  One reason has been the longer summers that has them bloom again late in the season, and after waiting for the bloom to finish, my mind is on other things.

This year, I'm going to get it done.  My husband suggested that sometimes I have "empty intentions."  That isn't true.  My intentions are full and true, my execution of those intentions doesn't always happen--it is the follow-through that is often lacking.  And I have so many intentions about so many things!  The truth is that it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, as I wait years for the things he "intends" to do!  I'm currently making a list to present to him. :)

This morning, Iliana mentioned Anne Sexton's "Welcome Morning," which is one of my favorite poems.  I have poetry books stacked by my reading chair, and I'd read Sexton's poem again recently, so Iliana's post and the way I feel this morning reminds me again of a "thank-you on my palm."  You can read the poem here.

The weather is cooler, I got a lot done yesterday, and I'm feeling grateful for so many things at the moment.  Poetry, art, family, autumn, mail, books, efforts to help the environment, beautiful animal photography, funny memes, the cardinal that comes for the peanuts each day, the Monarchs on the milkweed, the remaining cosmos, the Torii gate my husband built, the Roomba now running again after being ill, the coffee in my cup and the cat in my lap.

Edgrr in my chair


Amelia has a tennis tournament and party this coming weekend.
  LOVE the head dress she created! 

Now--which of my intentions will I see about next!  

Another cup of coffee, first.  I'll let you know how it turns out.



10 comments:

  1. Jenclair, I gardened like that 2 weeks ago and I was sore for 4 days!! The garden looks great though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad today, but the third day is usually my come-uppance! More daylilies divided though. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting the garden all sorted out for the change of seasons. I loved all the pics that you posted--the headdress and cat are especially awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all sorted out, but the garden is getting there. :) Amelia and Erin continue to surprise me with their creative ideas! I want one of Amelia's headdresses, but I think I'll have to get in line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a fabulous headdress. My sympathies about the aches, but unfortunately I can't offer any advice for not aching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia's headdress is perfect for Halloween and the party she will wear it to. She's made a couple more for her friends. Oh--the aches, they are worth it because I got a lot done. Also, they provide timely excuses to not do things. Too tired. Back hurts. :)

      Delete
  5. Look at you getting so much gardening done! I can totally relate to the funny postcard. That is so me! haha.. I haven't read much of Anne Sexton's poetry but after reading that poem I must read more by her! I loved all the things you highlighted and so true. It's those simple joys that I love to celebrate as well. And, the headdress Amelia made is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet is the great distractor from chores! Welcome Morning is one of my all-time favorites and when you mentioned it in your post, it perfectly matched how I felt. :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like you are being productive to me! Life's simple pleasures are often the most memorable and joyful ones. Hmmmm, I wonder how Amelia played tennis in her head band. Seems like that would be a trick to pull off. Very clever, however. I recently attended a dinner party where my place card said Tarot Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual, I misunderstood Amelia's plans. She and some of her tennis friends were going to an event, not a tournament! Tarot Teresa is an apt name for your October persona. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!