Tuesday, December 03, 2019

What's Up?

What I've been doing lately...

Finishing up Thanksgiving leftovers.  

Thinking about Christmas gifts.  Are you receiving some of those lists of possible Christmas gifts?  I've looked at a couple and have not found them particularly helpful.  Until, that is, I checked out this one--and found gifts that I might want for the grands, but way too many I want for myself! 




Nellie Bly's courage and journalism has always fascinated me.

example of one of the postcards

From crafts to games to microscopes, all kinds of goodies that are more than a one-off pleasure soon abandoned; many of these suggestions are sure to keep kids and adults busy and offer the opportunity for continued enjoyment.  There are so many games that caught my interest!

Last year my personal favorite gifts were homemade.  Erin made vinegars, a delicious coffee liqueur, and pot holders from a gorgeous fabric.  I loved them all!   Next year, maybe I'll start early and make more gifts.   

Donating--small amounts, to be sure, to charities I support.  Today, gifts were doubled or tripled.  

Unsubscribing from those hundreds of political emails that just keep increasing.

Stitching for 25 Million Stitches Project.



10 comments:

  1. Your slow stitched piece is awesome! Have a great month. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie! I've enjoyed working on this one. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your stitching project. It’s quite a fun design. I’m sure it’s a joy to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie! Now, I've got to come up with something for a second panel. The running stitches are fast and allow me to watch my shows while stitching away.

      Delete
  3. Great stitching. The Mighty Girl site is so great. I could seriously consider many things there but I have a self imposed moratorium on spending. Or at the very least limiting new items brought into the house. Your slow stitching project is so pretty. I have always loved seeing stitched circles. I had a blog friend who no longer blogs but is on FB...Chris Richards. She lives in the UK and has done the most fabulous circle embroidery. If I find the link to her blog I'll send it to you because it's so inspiring. My old mind can't remember the name of her blog.
    Merry Christmas
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about watching the spending. For myself, my spending is usually small, but I did get me a new pair of pajamas, nice warm flannel. Oh, and I do need some more embroidery floss and pearl cotton. Do send me the link to Chris's blog if you find it!

      Delete
  4. Your stitching inspired me to begin. One nearly finished and another started, I find it very relaxing, and, a bonus is I don't snack while I'm embroidering. I will be looking for a piece of muslin 15" x 17" size for the 25 Million Stitches' project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to have a "partner" in crime! I have a couple of yards of muslin on hand, and I just measured and ripped instead of cutting neatly. If you need some, let me know, and I'll send you a panel size piece!

      Delete
  5. I've not even been thinking about Christmas. Maybe I should start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about gifts for the family, but don't have a tree up or anything. I enjoy looking at beautifully decorated Christmas homes, but I'm not yet in the mood for decorating. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!