Sunday, October 22, 2017

Rainy Sunday

People Matching Art Works -- "The photographer enjoys visiting different museums mostly in Paris, Vienna and Berlin where he waits for visitors to suddenly match with a piece of art in a funny way."


Carol (Beads & Birds) is doing some slow stitching, and after reading her "Do You Slow Stitch?" post this rainy morning (Yay!  Finally, rain!)--I know what I'm going to do in a little while.   I do love slow stitch, as much for the process as any other reason.

My studio shirts have had no new patches or stitches since last March, and after reading about Carol's project to cover a jacket she bought on sale with patches and slow stitching, I felt the impulse to work on one of my studio shirts.  Perfect activity for a rainy day.

Which one?  The blue with loads of patches or the brown one with just bright embroidery?  
I've been working on these two for several years, off and on, whenever I feel like it.  Thanks to Carol, I feel like working on one of the two as soon as I find a good show to watch on Netflix or Amazon.  :)



6 comments:

  1. Have fun - I'm sure you will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I did, but it stopped raining which made going out to lunch sound better!

      Delete
  2. LOVE THAT COMIC!!
    Thanks for the mention. Today is Monday. The temps are cooler with an all day rain in the forecast. I'll get the jacket out and grab a patch and stitch it to the middle of the back, working center out. I'm actually going to give the jacket project a name.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love that ghostie ride, too! Have fun with your jacket, Carol!

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy looking at your stitching projects!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!