I've put aside this little lady to work on two more La Catrinas.
Of course, I am doing everything differently on the Catrinas and am having to solve new problems. I made the heads differently, slightly larger, and made a new pattern for the body, which ended up being a little too small for the head size, so have to make another pattern and try again.
Since the new Catrinas were being difficult, I decided to work on the box for a tiny jointed doll finished last week. I used lace for wallpaper, glued a plastic embellishment on the box, painted the entire thing, gave her a little rug that doesn't show, painted a wooden bead for a vase and used some tiny flowers I had left from an Etsy order, used a tiny block for a table, and took the face off an old watch I paid $3 for at a flea market and used it for a wall clock.
She is almost 3 1/2 " tall
I truly admire those miniaturists who make realistic items to scale for doll houses and miniature displays, but this was a fun little project that didn't need to be exact and only required me to search through all my stash of stuff.
Here are the tiny flowers from Julie Collings' Etsy shop. I ordered them last year for a project and still have some left. Last year it took some courage for me to slip a few out of the packaging because it is so charming. I love these tiny millinery flowers! It may be time to order more.