Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Inspiration (Need a Smile Today?)

One of my blog reading pleasures (and, oh, there are so many) is visiting with the amazing art teacher, Cassie Stephens.  I have to check out What the Art Teacher Wore every time she posts.  I can't imagine what fun she has with her young students, but she is certainly inspiring to me.  

She makes her own clothes and doesn't just dress up for Halloween.  No, she manages to have costumes that relate to her art themes throughout the year.  

This is one of my very favorites!  Ah, Magritte!

One of the projects she did with her students was to make magnets as a fundraiser for a family that suffered the devastation of a fire.  

 the adorable magnets the kids created

 and the notes to the proud students

Do you see why I love to visit Cassie's blog?  Her creativity and her influence on her students makes me happy!

Cassie is one of the wonderful teachers that prove how important art is in schools.  The arts (art, music, drama, band, orchestra) should never be cut from school funding.

8 comments:

  1. I wish more of the people in charge of funding agreed with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When research consistently shows the importance of arts in education, I find it curious that when the scissors are wielded, arts take the cut way too often.

      Delete
  2. I get so ticked off when those in charge start talking about cutting the arts. I hate the direction our school funding has taken in Indiana. A 2 BILLION dollar surplus has built up by cutting funding to everything. I'm a democrat living in a red state and I do what I can, but those in charge don't care what I think.

    I love this art teacher...not only the art teacher of her but the LIFE teacher in her.
    This is a great post. Thanks for sharing.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Most schools don't even have a meager surplus! I wish you could tell your state how to spend!

      Don't you wish you or your kids could have had this kind of art teacher?

      Delete
  3. Did I ever tell you how glad I am that I found your blog? This is one of my favorite places to visit. I love your art and look forward to every post that you share. Thank you for being one of my favorite blog friends.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much, Carol! I'm going to have a wonderful day based on your comment!

      Delete
  4. WONDERFUL AND SO INSPIRING!! Thanks so much for introducing us to Cassie and her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking in on What the Art Teacher Wore is always such fun! I do wonder where she gets the energy to all she does, and I'm so glad she has that energy to inspire her kids. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!