Tuesday, July 15, 2014

In the Mail

Saturday's mail brought a package from Bluebird Lane.  I'm not sure why we are so susceptible to packaging, but most of us are.  It is such fun to open an envelope and find this:
 and inside are the lovely crinkled seam bindings.
 love them!
 love the lagniappe of blue that she included!
 Last year a friend gave me some gourds.
This one was broken, so I broke a large opening,
painted and sealed it
using the attic oven between coats.
Some of the WIPs...
Milly, the tiny ghost doll,
will make herself at home
in the gourd when it is done.
The tiny "rabbit" doll
(with wire through the body
and no legs a'tall)
is one of those left over from months ago.
It has been undergoing some more work,
an its legs are hanging in the attic.

---------------
I've been dashing from one project to the next, lately.  The latest addition to the project list is developing a correspondence a la the letter game.     I don't believe I mentioned it on this blog, but I recently read a delightful novel based on this kind of collaborative correspondence:    Sorcery & Cecelia or the Enchanted Chocolate Pot.  


I've already written the first letter to my grands in Baton Rouge and will mail it today.  I just have a few things to add.  I'll tell you more about it later...if Mila and Max are willing to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!