Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts

I've had to re-instate word verification--even though I hate the new version.  I've had too much spam and some of it only showed up in the blog moderation/spam folders (which I seldom check) and didn't come through my regular email as usual.

When I did check the moderation/spam folders on my blogs, I found emails that were not spam and that were days or weeks old.  Boo!

Connie Rose recently gave me the Liebster Blog Award.  Thanks, Connie!

Here are the rules (lifted from Connie's blog):
The tradition with this award is that it is passed along to five bloggers who have motivated and inspired.  To accept the award, you must ~

  • Link back to the person who gave it to you, and thank them
  • Post the award to your blog
  • Give the award to 5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers* each that you appreciate and value
  • Leave a comment on those 5 blogs to let them know they've been offered this award. 


Artisun -- what a creative teacher!  Her students produce remarkable work.

Maitai News --  a New Zealand school for special needs children that uses art in marvelous ways.  I discovered this blog through India Flint's blog post on Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.

Thread Addict -- quilter, embroider, fabric maven.  This is where I found the cool pics of guerrilla knitting.

Textile Explorations --  Raphaela is a Crazy Quilter and is participating in TAST 2012.  What I like most is that she really does explore the stitches.

Sarah's Hand Embroidery Network -- a great stitch dictionary with easy to understand instructions and pictures.

It is really difficult to determine how many followers a blog has because, for example, many people subscribe (follow) blogs through Google Reader.  Most of the blogs I read show up in my Google Reader categories (books, quilts, craft, embroidery, yoga, etc.), not in the "Blogs I'm Following" category, which is a mixed bag of topics.  And I've been following many of these blogs for years through Google Reader subscriptions--long before "Following" came into being. 

So.... The blogs I've chosen may very well have more than 200 followers because their followers use a different method of subscription.

I don't usually participate in blog awards or memes, but I've discovered so many new and inspirational blogs in the last few months that I want to share them with you.

----------
Back to word verification problems--I started a discussion on Blogger, if you dislike the new style, please comment.

7 comments:

  1. It is a shame that some people feel the need to send spam!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri - I don't see how these spammers could possibly be increasing the visits to their sites by any noticeable amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jenclair. Just came over from Connie Rose's blog to enjoy yours. Love your creative stitching and TAST experiments. The prayer flags are beautiful and your dolls are lovely.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jenclair, thank you so much for offering me the Liebster Blog Award. I was really surprised and I feel honored. It is a great joy to me, so I want to pass this joy on and accept the award. Thank you. Here is my blog post:
    http://textileexplorations.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-have-been-given-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. MulticoloredPieces - Thank you
    for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate it, Nadia!

    Raphaela - I just discovered your blog and all of the wonderful stitching that you do, Raphaella. I'm on my way to check out who you have shared the award with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had so much spam. That is a bummer. I took my word verification off and have had some spam, but not bad. I'm on Typepad, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephie - I've never had this happen before. When I've taken word verification off in the past, months went by with little or no spam. This time--flooded!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!