Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Pleasures


I just ordered this pattern from Thimble Blossoms Etsy shop. I love it!

I get a newsletter from Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord and visit her blog, Making Books (with children). Her Giving Thanks Accordion Book post has some wonderful links:

- for making accordion books,
-a children's book Giving Thanks: A Native American Good Morning Message,
- a Teacher's Guide to the book,
-this terrific interactive site for children, Historian: Investigating the First Thanksgiving,
-Boston's Children's Museum - Children of the First Light exhibit (isn't that a wonderful name?),
- and the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe web site.

I had so much fun investigating these sites and found myself wishing that I'd had these resources when my children were young and when I was teaching. Making books would have been a great learning device for any age group on any subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!