Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Miscellaneous

Crabby Old Lady lists some of her annoyances with websites and blogs. I have to admit that I agree with most of them.

I have one more Daily Thing to do, but it isn't finished, and I'm taking some time to fold and organize some fabric; I'm hoping that my cutting table is still underneath that pile.Sometimes it is fun to just mindlessly fold fabric, knowing that I'll be better able to locate things when I want them (I know, I know--it never lasts long). One aspect I enjoy about this activity is re-discovering fabrics that I love and have forgotten; even questioning certain purchases can be amusing. Deciding how to organize the fabric is sometimes a challenge. Previously, I had the blue solids grouped with blue prints, green solids with green prints. Now all the solids will be grouped together. Then there is the question of putting homespuns, toiles, batiks, flannels, etc. together or grouping them by color as well.
There will be a strange mixture of methods in my madness, but right now, if I can just get things folded and put away neatly, it will be a big improvement.

Amelia sent me a copy Application for Permission to Date My Daughter that Chris sent her. Very funny. At the moment. Chris might not find it as amusing in 15 years when someone really does try to date his daughter.

excerpt:

ACCESSORIES SECTION:

A. Do you own or have access to a van? __Yes __No

B. A truck with oversized tires? __Yes __No

C. A waterbed? __Yes __No

D. A pickup with a mattress in the back? __Yes __No

E. A tattoo? __Yes __No

F. Do you have an earring, nose ring, __Yes __No
pierced tongue, pierced cheek or a belly button ring?

(IF YOU ANSWERED 'YES' TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, DISCONTINUE APPLICATION

AND LEAVE PREMISES IMMEDIATELY. I SUGGEST RUNNING.)

And:

When would be the best time to interview your:

father? _____________

mother? _____________

pastor? _____________


As my father used to tell me, "What goes around, comes around." Chris and Amelia will have to deal with all of the problems they caused their parents. Fee and I are quite familiar with the problems of daughters and dating--with both Erin and Amelia.

I love this quote:

Gardeners, scholars say, are the first sign of commitment to a community

- Anne Raver, author and columnist for the New York Times

2 comments:

  1. I also agree with Crabby Old Lady. I didn't know about the widgets though. Hope I don't have too many. I also second the one about music. That's a new thing, and it's not good. (I also am crabby!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay - I guess I'm pretty crabby, too! I really don't know why the world doesn't try to accommodate my preferences... :)

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!