Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bryce Eleanor Chandler arrived Tuesday evening a little after 5:30 and weighed in at 6 lbs. 14 oz. Beautiful, of course, but I forgot my camera and don't know how to get the pictures off my cell phone (they aren't very good anyway). Baby Bryce has been running a little fever, so she is on antibiotics, but will be coming home tomorrow or Friday.

She has had lots of visitors as "the girls" have rallied round to receive the latest baby. Little Chris, K. K., Rachel, & Holly have already been up to see her bearing more gifts and good wishes.

Bryce is such a wee little thing, but she has certainly held everyone's attention!

Catching up on Fee's Advent gifts (thank goodness I had these wrapped, etc. and ready). Day 10 was a CD, A Highland Christmas: Carols for Scottish Bagpipes. The quote:

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.
fully alive

- dawna markova


Day 11 - Warm socks
I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood.

- Bill Watterson

Of course, there was no bad mood to savor as Bryce arrived on day 11.

Day 12 -
Sunflower seeds to feed the birds.
Seeds and berries are associated with the Winter Solstice, and we love feeding the birds, so I made a muslin bag and filled it with sunflower seeds. There is a huge bag, too, but this one is just for show.


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.


traditional gaelic blessing


10 comments:

  1. You are aware of or find the most amazing quotes and poems! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaay!! Love the happiness and excitement of a new baby's arrival, even long distance.

    This trail of gifts and wonderful quotations for Fee has been so inspiring. Will be a bit sad when it's done. Bet he will too ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Grandma! Can't wait for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new baby! I have to say the bagpipe carols CD caught my eye and zinged me with a little covetousness...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and your family on the new baby!
    Lovely poem by Dawna Markova.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila -- I had some wonderful quotes and poems chosen, but coming up with a really apt choice for 21 days (until Fee's birthday) became a little difficult! :)

    Acey -- We got our best Christmas present early, didn't we?

    I've enjoyed trying to match the birthday gifts and poems to both the Solstice and Advent ideas!

    Jane Ann -- Well, you know the feeling! Being a grandma is a special!

    Rian - Thanks! The CD is just beautiful. We put it on again last night and just listened quietly and with great pleasure!

    Kim -- The Markova poem is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy grandma to ya!!!! Can't wait to see picttures

    ReplyDelete
  8. its cold outside but i am all warm inside. birth is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karoda -- Grandma X 3! And each one healthy and beautiful- I'm a lucky Grandma!

    jude -- birth IS so amazing and keep warm!

    Debra -- Thanks, Debra!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!