Here in the South, our gardens don't come on gradually. It is a rapid fire approach that sends you into a dizzying spiral of chores that last until the heat begins to slow things down again.
* The black iris that Thomas gave me are blooming for the first time this year...huge and gorgeous. They are so much darker than the picture indicates.
* A delphinium appeared; I haven't planted them in two years, and this one just shows up near the roses.
* The Scilla are showing their yellow bits.
* Queen Anne's Lace is coming all over the place where it has re-seeded.
* The hydrangea are budding up.
* We have a tomato.