Saturday, July 09, 2005

Catching Up

Good recent reads: Elizabeth and After by Mark Cohen, the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Hadden, and currently, The Kite Runner by Khale Hosseini. Nina brought this to the park the other day, and she loved it. The writing is terrific, the story completely involving, the view of life in Afghanistan (before the Russians, during the Russian occupation, and during the Taliban) fascinating. I could have finished last night, but the tension was too much and the moment of catharsis too immediate. Maybe tonight I'll finish, but I'm not yet ready to take on the resolution. Maybe others who have read this novel, can recognize the scene of greatest tension close to the end, but I don't want to post any clues to the scene in case someone reading this post has not read the novel.

I'm still playing with scraps from the discharged fabric I worked on a couple of weeks ago. Don't want to work on the other tops I've completed. And still trying to come up with something for the Quiltswap, but so far none of what I've done is what I want to use. Then, of course, when the right thing finally does happen, must remember not to post it on the blog, but instead send it to Karylee. I just hope I recognize "it" in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good to hear from you!