Tuesday, March 17, 2020

As We All Adjust to the New Normal

 Positive Notes:


Incoming Mail


Amelia had a postcard made from B.E.'s latest art work. :) 
Made me and my mailbox very happy.  


Outgoing

I've made several collage postcards lately
and three went out today.

to Mila

 to Max

to B.E.
(oops, misspelled Colette)

letter to Erin


National Women's History Month 

Some great links for parents girls and and for educators: 
Interesting resources for Women's History Month,  
WASPs of WWII,  
The Codebreakers of Bletchley Park
 American Women and the Invention of Computer Programming,
Alice Ball, the young woman who revolutionized the treatment of leprosy


Italians on separate balconies enjoy a community meal at a distance.  Love.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9xA7Wqn70_/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I need to settle on a stitching project to keep me busy and peaceful for a while.  I've continued to keep up with my yoga and walking goals, but the third goal of getting out at least once a week has been struck from the list.  

What are you doing to keep busy, what plans or projects do you have in mind?  Keep well.

6 comments:

  1. How cool to get a postcard of BE’s artwork! A great idea for Amelia to do that. I love your collaged postcards. Adding the stitching makes them all the more fun and awesome! You always inspire me to send mail. Although it doesn’t take an arm twisting as I love sending mail in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled with B.E.'s postcard. I'd already seen the owl which she had done for art class at school, but loved finding it in the mail. Maybe we will find more people who enjoy writing letters during this complicated time. Just a postcard with a short message is nice to receive and makes me happy.

      Delete
  2. I suspect there's going to be a lot of stash-busting going on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a perfect time to review the stash and see what might be able to do with it!

      Delete
  3. Your postcards are fabulous. I'm glad you posted because I was getting concerned that you hadn't in a while. I'm not sure what I will do to bust the stress-so far I;m kinda wandering around in my house. Maybe it's time to do some sewing or make a doll. Something different. Stay well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wandering around as well, Debra. Strange, isn't it? I have trouble keeping still for long, and get up and wander. :) I'm reading, and when it isn't raining, I garden a little, but the accumulation of information keeps things unsettled. You and I are both homebodies, and yet....

      Delete

Good to hear from you!