Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Baby, It's Cold Outside

 The frigid air has made its way down south.  We don't usually get low temperatures in the 20's until around January and very few of those.  And those are our lows--some areas will have twenties and teens as the high.   That's bitterly cold! 

Incoming Mail  

from Hannah (forgot to post this last Halloween card)

Two Klimt postcards from Carla

Outgoing



The State Fair stamps are so much fun!

I ordered some first day covers for the grands, 
even though they weren't cancelled on first day of issue.
I sent one each to Max, Mila, and Bryce Eleanor
in time for our state fair.



---------
A Mighty Girl is for girls of all ages, full of information, book recommendations, and encouragement for girls to trust themselves and pursue their own interests.  I know I've mentioned this site before, but I continue to find interesting articles and information.   
There are ten words every girl should learn according to writer Soraya Chemaly — not vocabulary terms, but critical phrases they can use when their contributions to a discussion are interrupted or discounted. Practicing her three phrases — “Stop interrupting me," “I just said that," and "No explanation needed" — will help girls speak them in real life, and teach both boys and girls that it’s not socially acceptable to interrupt or ignore a female voice. Whether in the classroom, in the boardroom, or on the Senate floor, it's time for mighty girls and women to persist and ensure that their voices are heard.  (source)

9 comments:

  1. Cold and wet here, too. Always good to see some cheery mail when I visit here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good days to stay inside with warm drinks, good books, and projects we enjoy!

      Delete
  2. It went from balmy to really cold in a few hours yesterday and we have two inches of snow. Our state fair is in August, when it is too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the temperatures can change. Is it early for your snow, Shasta? Seems like unpredictable weather is the norm. Our State Fair is in November, but it is usually quite warm--August would be unbearable.

      Delete
  3. That was one powerful mass of cold air to have made it so far south. Now, I am wondering if it might be a precursor of what's ahead this winter. I love the mail! Does your mail carrier ever tell you that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the way to Baton Rouge and New Orleans and so early! I hesitate to wonder about what the winter will be like, but it is certainly looking rough for some areas.

      Yes, the our mail carrier seems to appreciate the cheerful mail. Years ago, our mail carrier at the time let me take his picture and turn it into faux postage. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the link to A Mighty Girl. Our next great grand is coming in March and is a little girl.
    I'm afraid we are in for a lot of snow and cold temps this winter.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading articles from the A Mighty Girl site, always something interesting there. Congratulations on your expected great granddaughter, Carol!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to send the link to A Mighty Girl to all the granddaughters. Thanks for that!
    Love the mail, as always, but this post really resonated with me. I immediately thought of my sister...twice. She lives in Minot with her family and they get a bit of cold weather, too.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!