Monday, October 07, 2019

Maybe...Fall Is Here

On Oct. 4, we finally got rain!  And a little cooler weather (low 90's) that has refreshed the garden.  Soon I'll have to pull up annuals that have continued to bloom with zest, but while they continue to bloom, I resist.  The low, bushy zinnias I planted this year have been such a delight of color, and I'm collecting a few seeds to try next year.  Not that I have a problem with buying the plants, because the way they spread out was so fast, covering more area than I anticipated.  While tall zinnias are still a favorite, these low-growing ones have been a wonderful surprise.  


In July, she was staying on the stepping stones-- 
deciding to nest in the centers of the zinnias.
Leaving the orange ones alone...

UPDate:  
Oct. 7, today.  We went from 93 yesterday, to a predicted high of 73 today!
YAY!!!

Halloween
Some favorites from last year are now appearing.






This little lady and her companions are from a couple of years ago. 

Fee was at the camp this weekend, 
so I started bringing Halloween downstairs
a little at a time.
Continuing to work on a few new projects and postcards.


Awesome Teachers!  These are so funny :)
Two examples


 Aren't you sometimes confused by urls like those in the second column?

11 comments:

  1. Zinnias are my favorite too. My garden was pretty wimpy this year, but that year I had zinnias, there was a big profusion of bright beautiful flowers. Both your orange and your pink zinnias are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zinnias are perfect for providing color, aren't they? I really liked the low, bushy variety this year--and will be sure to have more next year!

      Delete
  2. All your little friends are reappearing for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they love coming down from upstairs and taking their places around the house!

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this post...black and white kitties, zinnias of all colors, and little ladies and her companions dressed for Halloween! Yay for rain and cooler weather! We got it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, indeed, for rain and cooler weather. Glad you got your share as well--it is past time to end summer. I can feel my energy level increasing with this weather. :)

      Delete
  4. I love those colours! I on the other hand am busting for it to get warmer over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so odd to think about how our seasons are reversed! Louisiana seldom has much of a winter, but but we appreciate whatever we get in terms of fall. :)

      Delete
  5. Love, love all these fun Halloween creations! I thought fall was here and today we're back to the 90s! Hope you are having some nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy your weather has finally cooled down there, and loving all your Halloween cuties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! We are all much easier to get along with when the temps cool down! ;)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!