Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday...

August is moving along.  Just not fast enough.  

Books/Reading:


All of the above were excellent!  Thanks to NetGalley for advanced reader copies!

Cleaning/Straightening:

In the midst of a straightening and organizing fit,  I paused in stacking some of my boxes and opened the box with Halloween mail art stuff.  As I checked on my Halloween supplies,  I decided that maybe I will purchase some Halloween washi tape and some postage stamps for my Halloween mail, but before I could get sidetracked, I put the lid back on the box and stacked it with the others.    Putting the lid back on the box was a bit of an effort because so often I'll start playing with whatever has caught my attention about the original goal of straightening and organizing.
  
I don't dare open my Halloween fabric storage container which has fabric,  embellishments, and decorations--until I've completed clearing off my table and desk top.  In my head, however, I have a list of  Halloween projects that would be fun to make.  

Garden:

Given the heat and lack of rain this summer, I've had to water more than I usually do, but the garden continues to give the hummingbirds, bees, lizards, and me a sense of sanctuary.  
Earlier in the summer, I worried about the lack of bees, but after letting a lot of the basil bolt, the bees were back in full force.  I've rooted and planted basil all summer, so it is almost like a forest of scent in a couple of places.  

Next year, I'll let some things bolt early--well worth it for the frequent visitors that love the flowers of basil and mints.

the sun-loving coleus below has done well, 
although it was still in shade until about 9:00, it takes the sun for the rest of the day

Love the graceful guara

 hummingbirds and butterflies have loved the lantana


Incoming Mail

Outgoing


I almost left the "e" off of Connie's name



Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Your garden is quite lovely. You have certainly created a happy place for a lot of little critters. Your incoming and outgoing mail is, as always, oh-so creative and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tend to garden with plants that take little or no care, but they provide so much pleasure for so little effort. :)

      Delete
  2. I have to replace my basil and mint. I haven't a clue what happened to some of my plants. Of course, that might be because I so rarely go outside. It's just too hot. What is still hanging on is beautiful though. Occasional rain, lots of watering and this high humidity has everything growing like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of sitting in the shade under the fan, Mary. The portion of the garden I can't see from my comfort zone, gets less attention. I mean, really, what would we do without ac? It is the humidity that makes it so miserable for us, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I get excited just thinking about your Halloween decorations, they are all so adorable and clever. Our flowers have really suffered and we had no luck with our vegetables. Love the mail, too. I'll tell you what I've been up to sometime. The stuff I get myself into. Patty and Dave are visiting Yogi at Chincoteague Island, I'm terribly jealous, I'm from Va and have never been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I have several creatures in mind. When I finish my reorganization and get my cutting table all cleared off, I'll be dragging out all the Halloween supplies to create another huge mess. :) I'm jealous of Patty, Dave, and Yogi and Chincoteague Island, too. I'd love to see the ponies! Do tell, what you've gotten yourself into!

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I do recognise the feeling of that Minion. I've been feeling it a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Especially annoying when you have to climb the stairs to retrace your steps!

      Delete
  5. Your garden is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! It's an easy summer garden. I'm ready to think about some fall vegetables now. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!