Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Upbeat

Sometimes when things get a little too depressing, 
I begin looking at things that make me happy.



Loudoun Rocks - what a fun idea for kids of all ages!  They even have a FB page.  Sort of a version of geocaching.  Paula at Little Scraps of Magic found one and posted about it. 

I love Tomoe River Paper!  I don't remember where I first read a review of it, but I finally ordered some--and it is awesome.

Steven Curry's wonderful photographs.

Well, you know, Snail Mail makes me happy.  

I had to hunt for this video that I posted in 2013, but still love.  He's pretty amazing!





7 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at your last picture and won a bemused look from my husband !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting analogy, isn't it? Describes exactly how I feel much of the time!

      Delete
  2. I loved your blackboard remark. Just a few minutes before, I was trying to figure out something about my browser history, and this music suddenly starts playing and I'm going, "Where is that coming from?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...I'm not alone in my confusion? :)

      Delete
  3. There are a lot of LITTLE things that bring joy to life. Don't you just LOVE to watch someone dance when they think no one is watching. And how freeing it is to do so yourself. Getting lost in a good book and blocking out every other thing except the voice that is coming to your mind from it's pages. Slow Stitching. A friend's blog post that makes you pause and REALLY consider what the author is saying and commenting what you think about it with no fear of judgement.

    Have a really wonderful day.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we need to dance, don't we? Of course, I only dance when no one is watching, Carol. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the sentiment in the last picture! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!