Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Snowlady and More Mail

Second version, a snowlady, with a slightly different head, and different body.   


The third one is almost finished. 

I've enjoyed making these snow folk and discovering what I have in my stash that might work for clothing and embellishments.  A lot of time is spent making up my mind and searching for stuff and making mistakes and misjudging sizes, but I've gotten a few things figured out.  A couple of heads that I made by altering my original pattern will work for pumpkins next fall--so all is not lost.

As usual, I am behind schedule on just about everything, especially Mail.

Erin never received this post card (which is continued on the back with stamps and address).  Don't know why, but she said there have been problems in Baton Rouge with mail delivery: here is an article about people in B.R. who have not been receiving their mail.  And another one about mail that had been dumped!

The next postcard is from Hannah  :)
We've actually had a little sweater weather,
but yesterday was 76 degrees.
Our temperatures have been up and down
by 20 degrees or more lately.
Today's high is 55.

I'm including the following letter which was addressed to Kim,
but had my address.
Too cute--wish it had been for me,
but no problem, I have Kim's address and forwarded it on to Kim.

I had intended to get some Christmas mail out, early 
but with 3 December birthday (and one more to go) 
and my various sewing projects, etc., 
I've delayed and delayed--
then today started trying to get a bunch out in a hurry.



 Made this one last year and found it with Christmas stamps,
so I sent it on its way.
This is the stamp on the address side.
Love Charlie Brown and all of the Peanuts stamps from last year!
Although the Christmas cards that come in are usually in plain envelopes, I love the stamps and adore the cards with photographs, especially those with the children.  Watching kids grow from year to year is fun!  

Back to the stitching and stamping routine--time is growing short!

8 comments:

  1. Aww, your snow lady is terrific. I’m sure the two must be quite happy with each other, yes? You’ve come up with great ideas for embellishing their clothing. It’s so disappointing when mail doesn’t get delivered properly as it should. And sadly, it usually cannot be corrected. Especially if it was dumped in a river! Too many stories like that over the years. I just love how much mail art you do get out. All of my big December plans went down the tubes with too much working and the move and putting things off too long. I will plan better for next year! Famous last words?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bad enough that people don't get the personal letters and cards, especially around Christmas, but not receiving important bills or payments could be a real problem. Locally, our carriers have always been regular and friendly, and I trust them to do the best they can as they endure the heat of summer and the cold and rain of winter.

      "I will plan better for next year!" is my annual mantra. I even write notes to myself, and then I promptly forget about them. :O

      Delete
  2. Your snow people make me smile! So well done too. I love anything Charlie Brown. I just had to buy gift tags with the Peanuts gang on them, and a beautiful gift bag to match. Like I really needed it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! I hope the ones that will be gifts will make the recipients smile, too. The Peanuts gang are irresistible, aren't they? Another thing that makes us smile.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see your snow people taking shape - they look very friendly, and not-just-for-Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they suit winter in general, and I have had such a good time making them. :)

      Delete
  4. Your snow people are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I never played much with dolls as a kid, but have had a great time making them as an adult. :)

      Delete

Good to hear from you!