Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday!

Yesterday was 96; today the high is supposed to be 84!  And the next 10 days show a drop into the 70's--fall is here!  Finally.  :)   


Two gourds finished.  Fast and easy and fun.  
 Added ears after painting the cat and had to brighten the tie.

Pumpkin gourd got clay additions right after gesso.  Then had to gesso additions separately.  I'm a slow learner.  Trial and error.





Sock doll girl.   She's kind of reclining.  
Neither sitting nor standing.
Need to attach a ring for hanging.
And she may need a trick or treat bag
to collect her candy.


I want to...

-make a table runner (I've done these before, but I have new fabrics to work with)
-finish this witch












-finish the last Catrina
-make another sock doll
-at least one more gourd
-do something with a feathered owl from the Dollar Tree that I've had for several years.  He has been part of several vignettes, but always seemed a bit awkward.

before Halloween?  Time is running out, and admittedly, some of my enthusiasm. I wonder what will be left over to work on next year....


14 comments:

  1. Those gourds are fab!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The gourds are an interesting departure from having to make a body. They come with their own shape, and I can choose the little details.

      Delete
  2. The advantage of a blog is you can use it as a note book - you will still have notes next year if you don't finish everything this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notes and progress pictures! You are so right, Rachel, blogs are a means of keeping track, seeing mistakes, and experimenting with solutions. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the gourds, Jenclair. Especially the orange one. He looks so happy to be able to go trick or treating with his friends.
    The little doll is a fun piece, too. I agree that she wants a bag for candy. Or maybe just some candy...a couple pieces of candy corn would be perfect. I can see you make some with the clay (or whatever) you use to make heads and hands. The colors would work so well and her sly smile would have people wondering about that candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy corn would be perfect! Thanks, Mary!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh!! I love that sock doll!! LOVE her face and expression. You have lots to do before the day...but hey...there's a bit of Halloween at my house EVERY day!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sock dolls are quick and easy--especially if you are using a child's sock! Love that you keep a little Halloween all year, Carol!

      Delete
  5. I love it all - but the sock doll is precious!! Egads girl, do you ever rest?? A list ahead of me like that would send me back to bed *smile*. I think you're having great fun though and that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm retired! I read and play with clay and fabric--and occasionally do a little housework and laundry and go to the office once a week for a few hours to help Amelia with filing and scanning.. I don't expect to finish that list, but I can look at it and choose the "what next" project. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh yes-the gourds are wonderful. You have captured those vintage cats in your own cat. I always loved those! I've never tried using a gourd for anything except bird houses. I think maybe I'll try it. Love all the art you are making-your industry is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gourds are fun, Debra! They don't take nearly as much time as our "little people" projects. (and I love how yours are progressing!) I know the dry spells will come--they are inevitable--so I work on as many ideas possible while the enthusiasm lasts. :)

      Delete
  7. What great fun Jen! Your hands are never idle! I love the things you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! How is it up in the far North?

      Delete

Good to hear from you!