Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I'm Back

After all of the hectic Christmas Season, I ended up sick for nearly two weeks in the first couple of weeks in January.  Not deathly ill, but problems with my thyroid and a sinus infection.  

I did a lot of reading over Christmas and while I wasn't feeling well, but working in the studio just didn't happen.  Now that I'm feeling just fine, I am still unable to generate interest in the Eccentrics, and I have several heads sitting around waiting for more work.

My reading had high and low points, as usual, but here are some of the books I really enjoyed:



All three of these were good and have been reviewed on my book blog.

Also, I read several more of Tami Hoag's Kovac and Liska series that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I have about 8 drafts in progress and several reviews that have been scheduled for quite a while.  

On my TBR list, I have Tami Hoag's Oak Knoll series, several nonfiction books, my library books, and several ebooks from NetGalley.

My desire to get back in the studio is beginning to build, but the garage needs cleaning out, I have house hold de-cluttering in progress, I have books to read, and I'm watching Grimm on my Kindle.  First things first--I think I'll get back to Grimm, I'm only on season one.



5 comments:

  1. Oh you have lots of good watching if you're only on Grimm's first series. We've followed it from the beginning and always look forward to the next season. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny! I'm still trying to get my thyroid meds right, but the sinus infection is over, and I feel good. As to Grimm,
      light-hearted horror is an easy mix to enjoy! The fairy tale takes are fun. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the desire to get back to the studio will return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Although these cycles of intense activity, then a long lull are a common occurrence.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better now.
    To change your mind, I'm running another fabric giveaway, you are welcome to enter!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!