Thursday, July 03, 2014

One-a-day Again

Yesterday, I made patterns for the doll heads I finished painting.  I cut out, sewed, and stuffed the body for the witch, and luckily didn't have to make many adjustments.  I have a pattern for the Frank N. Stein's body, but am not at all sure what fabric I'll use...or even if I'll use the pattern.  

I'm getting into the studio each day, and most days, now, I'm getting a lot of hours in.  With dolls, it is "hurry up and wait" - for  clay to dry, for paint to dry, etc.  But since my studio has a door to the attic, I can use it as an oven in the summer :) -- which speeds things up a little.  


Fortunately, the heads look a lot better now.



Another flower brooch a la Julie Arkell and Mandy Patullo.




-------------

I picked the following up somewhere.  Eliminated most of them, but these ring true for me.


You Know You Are from Louisiana if...

 You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Shongaloo, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long “e” sound anywhere in it.

You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
 Someone you know has used a LSU football schedule to plan their wedding date.
 You know everything goes better with ‘Tony’s’.
----------
I have about 20 books in the TBR que, and I've read several lately that I've really enjoyed. Some reviews I've already posted, some I haven't written yet, and several are scheduled closer to publication dates.  My book blog stays busy.







It is too hot to do much gardening now, especially with humidity ranging from 50-85%, so I'm glad to have fabric to play with and books to read.

Have a Happy Fourth of July!







2 comments:

  1. Love those Louisiana quotes...especially the shade comment. That's me all the way: no shade? I'm not going!

    The doll heads look good. I'm betting that you could bake more than just clay in the attic. Pretty ingenious way to speed things along.

    Have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - Nothing like climbing into an oven in order to drive home, is there? That's Louisiana- bake, broil, steam, roast. I should have included place names like Cheniere Inn, Bistineau, Maringuin, Tchefuncta, and you could probably think of a dozen more!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!