Thursday, March 06, 2014

This and That

I've been doing a lot of reading lately.  Some good books, some disappointing ones.  Farthing by Jo Walton is another alternate history with the premise that England negotiated a peace with Hitler and America never entered the war.  A completely different story line than Dominion by C.J. Sansom, which had a similar premise, but each one is frightening in its own way.  I've also read two suspenseful mysteries:  Waiting for Wednesday by Nicci French and Watching You by Michael Robotham.  Reviews are on my book blog.

I've worked on some more hearts when I've had time to sit and watch my Kdrama shows.  Finding scraps that I'd pieced for other projects several years ago has provided great material for the hearts.
 above and below in progress
 This one is finished.
And another finished heart with a cat charm attached.
I thought the part of a watch mechanism looked a little like a bird on the one below.

I think they might make
nice decorations for packages
instead of bows.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the idea of using them on gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, they're wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie - Thanks! I think the hearts would make nice package decorations and some of them are filled with lavender.

    Connie Rose - It is entertaining to pull out the scraps and then decide what embellishments might work. Thanks, Connie!

    Rian - Hey, you! Hope your latest move is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!