Thursday, January 09, 2014

Fun Clothes

I love seeing models who are more mature wearing clothes that I like.  Most clothes are modeled by young, beautiful, svelte creatures who are even more fairy-tale than the clothes they wear.  When the models are normal women and older women, it lets us see how we (normal, older) might look in clothes we like looking at, but might be hesitant to wear.

She's beautiful, but not eighteen.  Mature and classy.
Winter Bolero £235, over Cowl Neck Top £159 and Straight Pocket Skirt in wool £235.

Terry Macy and Angelika Elsebach Collections

And this one makes me smile!  She looks so happy!
  Another one via Terry Macy/Angelica Elsebach.


Actress Mandy Godfrey, swears by this outfit for interviews. Crop Summer shirt in striped cotton and Crenelated Skirt in Wool.

Below is from Blue Fish organic clothing collections.
What I love is that the models are not the typical young things.
I like seeing older women wearing fun clothing!


6 comments:

  1. Amen, sista! These women are beautiful partly because their style is a bit more down-to-earth than those ridiculous things on the runways. These pieces are classy but have a fresh appeal to them and the colors are perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - Notice, too, that nothing fits tightly. Comfort, class, and camouflage--now, that's what I'm talkin' about!

    Few people could ever manage to wear runway clothing that would be in any way flattering.

    But I also love mature models!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen I'm looking for Akira Blounts DVD and other doll makers who are familiar with her techniques. I also have SUsan ORoyans books on doll construction. on the front of constructing the doll is one of Akiras dolls and the button joint technique is discussed inside. that is as far as I have been able to get. CAn you help? kind regards patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. patricia - I checked around online and could not find a source for the DVD. I have the "head and hands" one that I ordered from the site, but could not find that it is still available. Sorry I can't help, but maybe Larry Blount will make copies available eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this blog entry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!