Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I've been absent for a while.  
Trip to Hot Springs for Thanksgiving, reading, and a little embroidery.  
Then my iPad died and had to go to the iDoctor. 
 An unpleasant story that I will skip 
as I've complained ad nauseam  on my book blog.  


To catch up a little, I never showed the all the blocks I quilted from Bryce Eleanor's drawings.  Here are a few more.


I saw a neat idea on Pinterest about attaching lace (or fabric) 
to windows or walls with corn starch.
Which is easily removed.
I tried it with lace on the bottom window panes on the door.
The photos don't show the pattern of the lace,
which is easy to see in reality.

I like the additional privacy,
but it is difficult to take a good picture.


Even with the light on....

It may occasionally frustrate the cats,
who have always spent a great deal of time
on the chest and looking out the window,
but they manage to get over it.

While I fidgeted 
because I didn't have my iPad,
I embroidered scraps.


I don't know what I will do with them,

but they kept my hands busy.

May use them to patch something.

I also embroidered some hearts,
which I'll take pics of later.

Without my Kindle, which was on my iPad,
my reading led to books with actual pages.

I read an ARC by Anita Shreve--
Stella Bain, a story set during WWI.
I really enjoyed it!

Fee had a copy of Sycamore Row by John Grisham
that I confiscated.
I liked it, too.
It is not a sequel to A Time to Kill,
but it does feature Jake Brigance and Clanton, Mississippi.

Then Fee gave me an early Christmas present,
a Kindle Fire.
I downloaded all my books from NetGalley,
and I'm back in business!

2 comments:

  1. I read Stella Bain last week and enjoyed it, too. I think I've read all of Anita's books. Love your stitched scraps. Hope you have lovely holidays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Connie! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Stella Bain as well!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!