Thursday, November 14, 2013

Quilting and Stuff

After I finished quilting all of Bryce Eleanor's blocks,
(Oops, just realized I haven't taken pictures of them)
I pinned some of the last of my eco-dyed scraps
to a piece of muslin,
added batting,
and quilted/embroidered.


 Going through all of those layers
definitely required a thimble
and a needle puller.
And still was tough on my fingers

Details



------------
I read a great post at LilBlueBoo a while back
about forgiveness.
It made me smile and made me think.
Funny and thoughtful,
definitely worth a few minutes to read,
whether you are angry with someone 
at the moment 
or not.








4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work; great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marie! I liked the quote and her article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that piece but I imagine that it was difficult to hand quilt, but well worth the struggle. Those stitching lines are just perfect. Do show us BE's latest work!

    Thanks for the quote...I should probably post it where I can see it more often.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mary! And, yes, I'll take some pics of the quilted blocks of BE's drawings.

    It is a good quote, isn't it? Love that you don't have to want to have lunch (or close contact) with the person, at least for the time being.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!