Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Eccentric Dreams of Games

This is the Eccentric mounted on the wooden bobbin.  She loves any game of chance or skill.  It was fun using some of my found and collected artifacts like the die and the Monopoly pieces.  This concoction of found objects on her head was inspired by another artist, but I can't remember who it was.  When I saw her work, I knew it would provide a way to use some of my tiny pieces.  (Elizabeth Rosen does this, but there is someone else who has done it as well.)





She definitely has an attitude.  Even if the rent on Oriental Ave. is minimal, she haughtily displays her "GET OUT OF JAIL, FREE" card and reminds everyone that she is just getting started.

7 comments:

  1. This eccentric is too adorable for words, good thing she has an attitude to offset her cuteness to keep her out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, you! I loved using some of the Monopoly and game pieces for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I pulled some Monopoly cards just last night from my stash, to go into my paper embellishment box. I love those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie - Can't wait to see what you do with your Monopoly cards! I think maybe we love them because Monopoly brings back so many good memories -- even though the competition was ferocious among all of the cousins when we played!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's what my head feels like sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creativity astounds me. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy - :) Mine includes a vacuum cleaner, sewing machine, pincushions, clay, paint brushes...!

    Stephie - Thanks, girl! I'm now in the doll obsession phase of the year. I need to make another quilt for AAQI, but the Eccentrics keep interfering. Oh, and I really like the grocery bag you made with that pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!