Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"From Ghosties and Ghoulies and Long-legged Beasties...

and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord Deliver Us"

I've finished up with Ghoul Baby.  She's pretty colorful!

One reason this project was fun-- all I had to do was add a little texture with clay, paint, and crackle her.  No real effort involved with thinking or sculpting.

Finished the cage for the sparkle lady.  My little saw lets me cut small things with out any effort or asking for help from Fee.  It has come in handy more than once!

Unfortunately, I didn't do as good a job on this cage as I did with the last one; this one lists a little to one side.  How typical!  The last cage I made had 5 supports; I only used 4 on this one.  Should have stuck with 5.  Trying to cut corners and getting in a hurry....

The top round that I made with papier mache' and covered with clay worked well though, even if it won't show at all.  Much easier to hammer the nails into it than into the wood base.  The cage has been sanded, gessoed, painted, and sealed.  

The lady will sit securely on top.  I made her a wig out of some of the wool roving I bought last year in Asheville, N.C.  Coarser than the Merino and Corriedale roving, the color and texture works well as hair.
Just a little more to go on this one; she should be all done tomorrow.

It is only 77 degrees here this morning, cool and breezy.  Beautiful morning!  We are expecting rain later, but you would never know it right now.

Isaac continues to cause havoc along the coast.  Flooding is inevitable, and I'm hoping friends and family in South Louisiana keep safe dry.

5 comments:

  1. Ghoul Baby is certainly colorful-you are right!! But that is what Halloween is all about isn't it! I love the other doll-she is turning out so good! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 69 degrees when I left the house today. Very pleasant. Ghoul Baby looks good all clothed! I like what you picked for her clothing. She is not as creepy now. I like her! I liked her before, too. Just creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - Thanks! Loved using some of the fabrics I ordered last year for the baby ghoul. :) I really don't think she is very spooky, her original features were too cute for my alterations to overcome.

    Stephie - I think it must be hard to like these altered dolls without a few qualms, but she is really not too creepy after all.

    Oh, 69 degrees sounds so fresh, so fall... so NOT hot and humid.


    ReplyDelete
  4. The clothes make the doll. I like ghoul baby better with clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa - I knew the bright, cheerful fabrics would make a difference--I like her better with clothes, too!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!