Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bad Blogger

Well, this is the second extended blogging break this year--in fact, this may just be one long hiatus broken by a few postings.  I'll be blogging merrily along then, all of a sudden, the computer feels like too much trouble.  It becomes an "I'm going to..." exercise, but procrastination wins.

Max turned six in July.  Eric made his Angry Bird cake; Max loved it!


I've been working on more encrusted pieces.
Plastic circles, metal washers, tiny beads and rocks, buttons, etc.--caught between two layers of cloth and then embroidered and embellished.  Days of work go into a 2 x 3 inch piece, but it is a relaxing process for me.

I've done a little plant propagation.  In water...

and directly into soil.  I couldn't find my rooting hormone, but these seem to be doing fine without it.  

I've been thinking about art dolls again, lately.  It may be time to switch gears from embroidery to dolls again.  I've a half-finished doll waiting and plenty of clay.  

It is hard to believe that summer is almost over!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!
    I agree with you. It feels like summer is only starting here.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've been having a great time. I was wondering what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francoise- I remember when summers were a lovely eternity. School has already started here!

    Nancy - I really haven't been up to much besides working on a bunch of the encrusted pieces, but it has been a nice summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need breaks now and then! If you need them, you should take them! Glad you are enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephie - They aren't even intentional breaks. Just a day that goes by without the computer, and then another. It is odd, because most of the year the computer is such an important part of my day--then weeks go by and the PC sits idle, neglected. :O

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!