Saturday, January 07, 2012

TAST Stitch #1 Fly Stitch; Prayer Flag #1

The fly stitch offers so many ways to vary it, and I only touched on a few.  Some I liked better than others, but that might be because sometimes I used one, sometimes two, sometimes three strands of floss.

I have plenty of room for the next TAST stitch and any other stitches I might want to add.  Oh, and maybe some beads.  I like beads.

Some of the flags will be like this one, completely experimental, with no previously considered design in mind...simply filling the space with assorted colors and stitches; others will be more pre-planned.  At least that's the goal.

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea.

    Not long until the next stitch now....... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good =-) I like the paisley feel of the leaf...I love paisley...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this, and that leaf... it's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nuvofelt - Thanks! I hope I stay as eager for the next stitch as I am now!

    DebbyMc - I think there are infinite ways to work leaves, don't you? I've always loved the paisley look of the leaves in Jacobean embroidery.

    Valerie - Filling the prayer flag with embroidery is both harder and easier than I expected. Some stitches goe very quickly, others are slow indeed. Hopefully, some of the flags will be more leaf prints from bundles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenclair, I love that flag!! I especially like the fly stitch on the leaf-really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sherri! I'm enjoying this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, so much of YOU being put into this..absolutely the best way to create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy - Thanks, Nancy; I can't wait to finish this one, but I'm working on others at the same time. Love the peaceful feeling of embroidering and randomly trying new variations.

    Michele - It is certainly the most enjoyable way to create for me. Playing more than working!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the filler design you've made in the upper left by combining the fly stitch with knots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Kay! Funny, I had never thought of fly stitch as filler before, and it works so well and pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!