Friday, October 28, 2011

Craft: 5,4,3,2,1 things

                             
Craft has a series for the crafting community.

 5.4.3.2.1. things about...

One Project You Are Particularly Proud Of:
The quilt I made for my first granddaughter's first birthday.  It prompted me to become involved with quilting and quilting blogs. I'll always be proud of that first attempt because it set me on a path I've enjoyed tremendously and introduced me to a lot of creative blog friends.

Two Mistakes You've Made in the Past:
How to decide on just two.  I'll generalize:

1.)  I don't think things through--I dive in and get busy without a clear idea of where I want to go with a project.  I continue to make this mistake.

2.)  I start too many projects at once, because when I'm in the mood to create, I get carried away.

Three Things That Make Your Work Unique:
1.)  I like using vintage or found objects in my Eccentric dolls and each one is one of a kind.




2.)  I like some whimsey in my dolls, pillows, and little quilts.
I originally drew silly birds for embroidery projects, but I've used them in pillows,
and in an art quilt based on the above pillow






















3.)  And maybe the fact that I don't always plan an outcome...I let the project guide my decisions.  Sometimes this is a mistake, sometimes serendipity.

Four Tools You Love:
1.)  My sewing machine.
2.)  My scissors.
3.)  My yoga mat.  It allows me to take breaks that are relaxing if I've been bent over something for too long.
4.)  My new Dremel tool.  (I haven't really used it yet, but I love it.  It was a surprise from my husband.)

Five Inspirations:
1.)  Blogs.  Oh my, the inspiration from fellow bloggers, the enthusiasm, the encouragement!
2.)  Flea markets.  All kinds of inspiration there.
3.)  Magazines.  There is a magazine for every interest.
4.)  Poetry.  I love adding text to items.  Sometimes the poetry inspires the project; sometimes the project    
      me think of a line of poetry.
5.)  My Yoga Mat.  Often when I'm doing yoga, I find solutions to problems in my work.

2 comments:

  1. I fall into the "not enough planning" crowd too. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's what makes it more play than work!

    ReplyDelete

Good to hear from you!